Tuesday, November 3, 2009

PLE Week 9

The second grade classroom I am working in does not have a lot of technology. The teacher has and uses regularly an overhead projector. She does not have her own computer projector. There are two computers in the classroom, but neither one is functional, so they are not used. The teacher does have her own laptop and access to wireless internet in the classroom, so that could be useful for when she is able to borrow a computer projector to show the students something. The students are able use the computer lab once a week during scheduled time. One neat thing is that the school has televised announcements. Fifth and sixth graders take turns being news casters, microphone managers, cameramen, etc. each morning as they present the announcements to the school. Each class is able to watch these announcements in their rooms. My class, however, does not get to work with technology a whole lot (as far as I have seen), except for during their weekly scheduled lab time. I think there is a lot of technology that could be used to enhance learning in the classroom, such as GoogleEarth, digital probes, projected images, Stellarium, short video clips, etc. Whether or not the teacher can get access to these is the hard part.
I completed the midcourse evaluation and informed consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment